17 Hectares Off-Grid Retreat Center for Sale in the Diamante Valley
42.5 acre property for sale near Dominical
PRECE REDUCED FROM $2,899,000
This retreat center is like no other. Remotely located in the sacred Diamante Valley, this is a very special, well cared for property. Great love and intention went into creating and sustaining it. For over a decade, we have performed as a successful, well-established retreat center with tourists and repeat guests who greatly appreciate the value of this nature space and the high-quality accommodations and features. It is a truly beautiful, magical property that is energetically integrated into the surrounding, pristine nature. It is now time to pass along this masterpiece to the next steward of this land. At an elevation of 2,000 feet, this boutique mountain lodge sits top a lush green valley with outstanding views of the Pacific Ocean sunsets, pleasant temperatures and cool breezes. This property is 42.5 pristine acres and includes 2 houses, 7 guest rooms, dining hall, yoga rancho, swimming pool, spa, greenhouse, solar installation, 2 vehicles and more. Capacity is for 25. The spacious campus is situated on the top 10 acres and the remainder of the land is left wild for reforestation, old-growth forest or is planted out with fruit orchards, permaculture and ornamental gardens. Within the genre of barefoot luxury, this is a first rate, diamond-in-the rough campus. Our modern amenities include hot showers, screened windows, flush toilets and fiber optic internet (15-30 Mb). Awaken to the songs of howler monkeys from the luxury of your cozy hilltop cottage. Swing in your hammock above infinite views. The peacefulness here is priceless. We are located away from tourist areas, roads and noisy neighbors. We enjoy the rhythmic flow and silent peace of nature. We’ve created beautiful sanctuaries for relaxation and restoration. The air is fresh and pure. We walk on easy-to-barefoot trails. Our water comes directly from springs. We bathe in spring-fed pools and eat from the farm’s fruit orchard and the abundant greenhouse. This property is aligned to be sustainable and independent, while not feeling like an off-grid establishment. For food, you have all of the fruit orchards, greenhouse and root vegetables gardens. We make our own soil through composting. We harness water from 2 natural springs. The solar installation is presently tied to the grid, but you can move it over to batteries. The mine provides us with the material we need to maintain our road. It is a remarkable way to live! Move-In Ready Business Opportunity The sale includes the fully established, turn-key, move-in ready, retreat center, hotel, lifestyle business. Whatever you want to make of it, you can start right away! We spent the past 12 years using this space as a vegan, natural healing retreat center. We offer all-inclusive, formal retreats during dry season (January - April) and the remainder of the time we operate like a hotel where guests make reservations as they like, a-la-carte. You, of course, can create it however you'd like. There are multiple business opportunities here. Aside from wellness, yoga and eco- tourism, you can continue to operate it as a retreat-resort-hotel, formal or informal. Live on-sight or manage it from abroad. Or, morph this property into an intentional community, as a spiritual- co-living ashram, agricultural business, educational facility, live-play-work online scenario or any other creative endeavor that you want to call forward. There is plenty of available space for expansion too. You can build more homes, guest cabins, a maloca, game room, meeting room - whatever is the best fit for your business model.
- Construction features: Hardwoods purple heart and cedar, concrete, fibrolit, bamboo, tiled and wood floors, zinc roof with cedar lining
- Roof features: zinc roof with cedar, bamboo, and cypress linings. also Palmex roofs on other structures
- Pool features: Built in 2014. Size and Volume: 16 meter long and 4 feet deep. 16, 000 gallons of water Features: Lap lane (16 meters), beach entrance, sitting ledge, stairs. Building material: Ferocement. Epoxy paint (2019). Equipment: Spectralight ultraviolet pool system with UV light disinfectant system and ultra-energy efficient eco-pump.
- Special features: Fruit orchards (nearly 400 fruit trees of 80 varieties) Large greenhouse with 26 rows of abundant green growth and rich, vital soil and composting system Ornamental gardens, outdoor meditation platforms, benches, swings and walking trails Old-growth forest with walking trail and exercise platform Cool plunge pool at a fresh-water spring
- Utilities: Year-round springs with water pump systems and water storage tanks Solar installation (48 panels, grid-tie) Fiber optic internet with routers Mine for road material Biodigestor septic system Electricity with underground copper wiring.
- Water features: Spring water, 2 springs on the property